Specialized molecular diagnostic services
In 2009, GenoMed® certified its quality management system, according to NP EN ISO 9001:2008 standard, and upgraded to 2015 version, in 2018.
GenoMed® management policy has as its main purpose continuously improve the quality of service provided and overall performance and, in this way, promote customer and employees needs and expectations satisfaction in accordance with quality management principles, NP EN ISO 9001:2015 and legislation applicable to activity.
External Quality Assessment
In order to ensure the quality of the results obtained, GenoMed® participates in external evaluation programs promoted by several international entities, such as:
- EMQN – European Molecular Quality Network
- GenQA – Genomic Quality Assessment, is a member of UK NEQAS Consortium
- UK-NEQAS – United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Service
- GHEP-ISFG – Spanish and Portuguese Language Group of the International Forensic Genetics Society
- CAP – College of American Pathologists
The internal quality control procedures implemented are based on guidelines and recommendations issued by prestigious international institutions and reference in their respective areas.
Some examples are:
- EMQN – Best practice guidelines;
- ACMG – Best practice guidelines (NGS);
- ACGS – Practice guidelines for Targeted Next Generation Sequencing Analysis and Interpretation;
- EuroGentest – Standards and Guidelines for clinical Genetics Laboratories – American College of Medical Genetics;
- OECD – Guidelines for quality assurance in molecular genetic testing;
- EuroGentest – Cytogenetic Guidelines and Quality Assurance;
- Association for Clinical Cytogenetics – Professional guidelines for clinical cytogenetics;
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) – Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology;
- European LeukemiaNet – Diagnosis and Management of Acute Myeloid Leukemia in adults (Recommendations from an International Expert Panel);
- European LeukemiaNet – Recommendations for the Management of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML).